Friday, March 2, 2012

MAC Matte Military Swatch

Hello (boys?) and girls!
I know I know I know, I didn't post all week. It was really busy (again) but here I am! Also, I come bearing good news! Has anyone ever heard of the website Head2ToeBeauty? Well it's a pretty nifty website that sells quite a bit of beauty supplies. HOWEVER, the coolest part (to me at least) is that they sale nail polish for discounted prices. Recently I bought 11 polishes from that site (quite a big haul for me) and they should be in on Monday! So on Monday I plan on writing a post solely on my experience with Head2ToeBeauty so y'all can be informed and try it out! Also, I have posts planned for everyday until then, so be ready!

Anyyywaaaysss, today I have for you MAC's Matte Military from the Alice + Olivia Collection. It's currently my only matte polish and it is quite a polish! It's a charcoal gray filled with silver micro glitter. From far away it looks like your nails are shimmering! It went on super smooth but for me, it was a bit tricky to get used to at first. It dries pretty darn fast and by the time I finished painting a coat, it was turning dry. I did two coats because there were some streaks after round one. Other than that, I loved it! I definitely plan on getting a few more matte polishes!


Artificial Lighting

Next, I used scotch tape to do a weird french tip. No, I did not come up with this idea. I was inspired by Chloe's Nails and her awesome tape manicures! For the tips I used China Glaze Liquid Leather. It worked out really well and the matte dried so fast that I could do the tape part shortly after. I highly recommend waiting for the polish to completely dry if you use a polish that isn't matte. I have done a checker manicure with tape, and me being the impatient being I am, plopped that tape on and boom. Mani ruined. It was a sad day. Anyways, check it out!

Artificial Lighting

Sunlight

I feel like my camera did not do a good job at catching Liquid Leather's shine. I really wish the contrast between the matte and shine would have shown better. Oh well.
Comments? Questions? Concerns?
See y'all tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment