Saturday, January 28, 2012

China Glaze For Audrey

Hey hey!
(if you don't want to read my rambling, skip this paragraph!)
SO this week I made a trip to my local Sally Hanson just to check out the goods, you know what I'm sayin'? And boy oh boy did I see a lot! Kinda. In their sale section, they had A LOT of the China Glaze crackles (metallic and regular) on sale for $2.99. I had the metallic Cracked Medallion in my hands ready to go but as I kept strolling, I passed by a rack of Seche Vite and underneath there was a coupon that said if I bought a Seche Vite top coat, I would get a China Glaze for free. So you know what I did? I picked me up a SV top coat! I've heard such good things about it, I've just never tried it. With me and my sister constantly painting our nails, we tend to bust through our top coat so I considered it an investment, not useless spending. So what free CG did I grab? Why none other than For Audrey! Check it out!

For Audrey is a beautiful light blue. It, of course, is named after Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's. It is said to be a dupe of the classic Tiffany & Co blue, but it is not. Although it is definitely a relative, For Audrey is a bit more muted than the Tiffany blue.


When this color came out in 2007, it was a hit! I'm sure some of you remember it and how hard it was to come across at one point, but fear not! For Audrey is part of China Glaze's core collection now and definitely available at a Sally Hanson store near you. AND, if you go before February 1st, YOU TOO CAN GET SECHE VITE AND A FREE CHINA GLAZE! Do I sound like a sales person? Haha, but no really, if you're a fan of seche vite, it's a cool enough deal.


Application: It went on super smooth, however it did leave some streaks. For Audrey is definitely a two-if-not-three coater. Other than that, it was great. It's a gorgeous robin-egg-almost-Tiffany-&-Co-blue and I would say it's worth most of the fuss it received. Here it is. (no top coat and yes I'm aware my fingers look like they were in the sun all day. I have no idea why my camera has portrayed them as demon fingers but beggers can't be choosers)


Artificial Lighting
So to finish off this manicure, I Bundle Monstered it up using OPI Alpine Snow (of course) and plate BM18. I know it didn't come out perfect by any means but I hope you will all look past my obvious lack of official nail art training and get the idea of what I had intended the manicure to look like. Enjoy!

My Fail of a left hand. Artificial Lighting.


My better right hand, Artificial Lighting
And these picture are with Seche Vite as the top coat. I'm a definite fan now! It dried amazingly fast and adds a great shine. My nails feel sturdy too, I like I like!

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment