Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 starting with Sephora by OPI Flurry Up!

Happy New Years!
I ended 2011 and started 2012 with a mani consisting of a polish that is dear to me for certain reasons, OPI's Queen of West Web-erly. This color is from the 2009 OPI's Valentine's Day Collection. It's a gorgeous purple that almost looks magenta sometimes. Also, I had to use three coats to get rid of the brush streaks because it is a little bit sheer, but I still love it!

I was intending to do something else for this mani but.... I didn't. So I ended up letting it go top coat-less for awhile before I decided it was time to do something and by then the damage had been done, so please forgive me for the bad-ish pictures. (Later you'll see how I spiced it up for New Years with Sephora by OPI Flurry Up!) Also, this color is SO much prettier in real life. It really is a gorgeous purple shimmer.

bad light
sunlight
again

So after a few days of wear and tear and bumps and knicks that made my mani go... bad needless to say, I added a new member to my collection! I got Sephora by OPI Flurry Up! and I was dyinggg to use it so I did! What other than sparkles and glitter to hide a manicure's imperfections? Flurry Up! is a clear base with glitter and large hexagonal glitters. The large glitters had a tendency to go with the brush and and up at the end of the nail but after a bit of prodding and nudging, it was no big deal. So after I applied two coats of Flurry Up! and one coat of OPI's top coat (finally), I was ready to start 2012 with my new mani! (and I really did start 2012 with this, I did it on the 31st teehee) So! Here it is, Flurry Up!
bad lighting

epic -not really sun lighting (I thought it looked cool)

sun light
and again

AND NOW FOR THE WORST PICTURE OF ALL! The stars themselves, Queen of West Web-erly and Flurry Up!
yeah .... sorry about this(:
So I hope you guys liked this as much as I've been enjoying it. It's still on my nails and I often find myself just admiring it. Next time I'm thinking about trying some more stamping! My manicure before this was stamping and actually looked pretty darn good... I just never took pictures of it. Oh well. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment