Sunday, February 19, 2012

China Glaze Starboard and China Glaze Chiaroscuro

I'm back again! Just as I promised!
So, I have a twin sister and it's always been me who has had an undying love for polish. My sister always had a problem with long nails and the second they were long enough to be ripped off, she did just that haha. Well, recently she's been really good about letting her nails grow out and she's been playing with my polish or letting me do her nails. She said "it helps me stop making my nails stubs". I say "you're addicted! welcome to the cult!". Well, recently she went out and bought two new China Glaze polishes just so she could do a mani for herself. I thought it was cute so today I'm going to show it to y'all!

Starboard: This color is from the China Glaze Anchors Away Spring 2011 Collection. It's a leaf green creme and went on very smooth and was great and opaque in two coats. This color does not seem very "nautical" to me but it is a very lovely green nonetheless! I wouldn't say it's a dark green, nor a light green. It falls pleasantly in the middle and I wish my camera could have picked it up better. Oh well.



Chiaroscuro: What a name! Well this color is a sheer pinkish nude, almost maybe a little peach-ish. This color is definitely a shimmer and a teeny weeny bit frosty. There's something interesting about this one though, when in the light, it has a shimmer that flickers from gold to green. To me it feels like this little shimmery duochrome has a hint of about everything in it! Application wise, it IS sheer. I would say three coats would do the trick. Two might be fine as well if you don't mind having visible nail lines and the super sheer look. The application was great, just as usual when dealing with a brand like China Glaze. 

Let's check out my sister's mani!



Artificial Lighting
The stamp on the thumb was done using Bundle Monster plate BM15 and the top coat was Seche Vite. What do you guys think? My sister is a very talented artist on paper, do you think she has what it takes to be a nail artist?
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment